EMC Hire are pleased to now offer EMF Meters for hire which will allow employers to ensure that they meet their obligations under the EMF Directive. Our portfolia of EMF meters include the Narda SRM-3006, ELT 400, NBM 520 and many more, see our range of equipment using the button below.
On 29th June 2013, the European Commission repealed Directive 2004/40/EC and published Directive 2013/35/EU on the minimum health and safety requirements regarding the exposure of workers to the risks arising from physical agents (electromagnetic fields) and is enforced as of July 1st 2016.
‘The Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations 2016’ (‘The EMF Regulations’) require employers to:
- Assess the levels of EMFs to which employees may be exposed;
- Ensure that exposure is below the Exposure Limit Values (ELVs);
- Define and implement an action plan to ensure compliance with the exposure limits
- Assess the risks of employees’ exposure and eliminate or minimise those risks;
- Provide information and training on the particular risks posed to employees by EMFs in the workplace and any action to remove or control them;
- Take action if employees are exposed to EMFs in excess of the ELVs;
- Provide health surveillance or medical examination, as appropriate.
EMC Hire are also able to provide consultancy regarding the EMF Regulations, if required.