Hirst Magnetic Instruments GM08 is a gaussmeter that uses a transverse magnetic field probe which is powered by x4 AA cell 1,5V alkaline batteries.
The GM08 can measure:
- DC magnetic field measurement
- DC PEAK Maximum positive peak reading of the DC field
- AC RMS True RMS (Root mean Square) of input signal
- AC MAX RMS Maximum true RMS (Root mean Square)
- AC PEAK Maximum positive peak reading of the AC field
The GMO8 can measure in Tesla, Amps/m, Gauss or Oersted. There are RS232 and USB leads for connection to a PC, software is not supplied. Incorporated is a 'zeroing' receptacle to 'zero' the probe before use. There is only one probe supplied with this item which is a Transverse type probe. The gausmeter has a temperature coefficient of better than ±0,1 % of reading/°C including probe.